|Casting is Open|
|Characters||Blue Faery, Cleo, Figaro, Gepetto, Jiminey Cricket, Lampwick, Pinocchio|
|See Also||The Order of Fate, Pleasure Island|
For Once Upon a Nightmare, Pinocchio needed a dark twist. This dark twist came with the 'catch'. To make Pinocchio a real boy, it was decided that both Gepetto and Pinocchio would need to perform dark deeds. And that to procure the magic necessary to make Pinocchio a real boy, Gepetto would have to agree to serve the Fae.
Canon Tale Edit
Gepetto was a toymaker once, one who wanted more than anything to have a son of his own. It was not to be, however. Instead, he found himself often talking to the puppets he made, even forming an unhealthy attachment to one he named ‘Pinocchio’.
The Blue Faery, an agent of the Order of Fate, was dispatched from Affalohn to ‘help’ Gepetto. She bestowed upon him a magical artifact that could breathe life into wooden objects. In exchange for his son, he was asked to created wooden automotons for the Faeries to use as foot soldiers. Not seeing the harm in this, he agreed.
But as with all Faery magic, this came with a price. In order to maintain Pinocchio’s human appearance, Gepetto and his new son were forced to take the lives of the innocent. As pieces of Pinocchio’s body reverted to wood, he and Gepetto were forced to kill. The larger the wooden patch. The more brutal the kill needed to revert it to flesh. Perhaps just as disheartening were the ill effects Pinocchio experienced when he lied, effects that made it all the more difficult for them to claim their victims.
- Blue Faery - A member of the Order of Fate sent to deliver the magic that would make Pinocchio a real boy and procure Gepetto's services.
- Cleo - Gepetto's goldfish and a Faemiliar.
- Figaro - Gepetto's cat and a Faemliar.
- Gepetto - A toymaker who traded his services to the Fae to create wooden soldiers for them in exchange for a magical object which would make his puppet a real boy.
- Jiminey Cricket - A Faemiliar who now serves as Pinocchio's conscience.
- Lampwick - A naughty boy who befriends Pinocchio.
- Pinocchio - A puppet turned into a real boy by magic which requires a sacrifice to make it potent.
Pinocchio is a Canon Tale ripe for exploration and interpretation. The aspects of its plot line have yet to be hashed out and many of its characters are available to those who wish to make this tale their own.